Seriously... you've gotta be kidding me. These are the only jobs available? Slim pickins for me! It's slow season in the catering business and I'm on the job hunt once again, preferably for my dream career.
So, needless to say, I've had lots of time to embrace my crafty side lately.
|This couch & I have had a lot of bonding time lately.|
But enough about me! One of my lovely sponsors, Marci, has also been sniffing the craft glue... Check out what she's been making! Some beautiful artwork!
Helloooo Lesley fans! My name is Marci and I blog over at Marce Lips.
There are three reasons why I started blogging.
- I needed a hobby. I am pregnant and need me time.
- I love writing. I would love to write a book one day.
- I want to meet new people.
Let's talk briefly about meeting people. I found Lesley's amazing blog a couple of months ago and after a few emails, I found out we are the same age and grew up 1.5 hours apart from each other! Crazy, right? And speaking of her amazing blog, she asked her sponsors a little while ago for their new year's resolutions. I decided to make several goals instead:
- Not pass out during labour (Completely serious. Low pain tolerance here)
- Be a good mom
- Learn how to cook (Apparently it's important when you have kids)
- Organize my home/life (Almost 28 and still have no clue what to do career wise)
- Work on my anxiety (Boooo anxiety)
- Do more DIY projects
- Paint more
- Read more (Something other 50 Shades of Grey...obsessed)
- Visit family back home (7 hour flight: see point 5)
I usually keep my artwork private because it's a very personal thing. I love the freedom, the creativity, the passion, and the emotion behind it. After a rough weekend, I decided to paint something and this was my experience. Some people may love it, some may hate it but that's the beauty of Art.
Getting ready. As you can tell (left), my cat enjoys painting too.
The best part: making a mess
"Finished" piece. I may add or change it later.
All inspired from a shirt I was wearing.
So there you have it! Whenever you are feeling creative and don't know what to do, just grab some paint and canvas and let your emotions take over. Thanks for reading and I would love it if you stop by and say hi! Another thank you to Lesley for having me!